I did some experimenting last night using flat plates after watching a video about X plates.
Here’s what I did,
All tests used the same electrolyte/catalyst, a solution of 1/4tsp lye in 2 L of distilled water.
All tests used a 200ah 12v battery
#plates,plate size,elect conf, voltage reading, amp reading
2 – 2x4x.125 SS plates, +-, + to one, neg to other, 12v, 1.9a
4 – 2x4x.125 SS plates, +-+-, in parallel 12v, 3.8a
3 – 2x4x.125 SS plates, +N-, 12v, 1a
4 -2x4x.125 SS plates, +-+-, in series, 12v, 2a
3 -2x4x.125 SS plates, +-+, 12v, 2a
3 -2x4x.125 SS plates,-+-, 12v, 2a
Hope this will help on figuring out designs, and electric configurations, I didnt get output readings, but will work on a test rig to do just that, and maybe be able to add more plate configurations to this list.
If you have similar test data why not post it, it may just help someone solve a problem.